David Tauber, MD
Specialist in Facial and Body Reconstructive and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
Albany and Saratoga Springs, NY
Check Dr. Tauber’s NEW blog post:
Other posts from the Learning Corner:
- Post-Operative Care After Cosmetic Surgery
- Do I Really Need A Breast Lift?
- The Aging, Hollow Face – Treatment with Implants, Fat Transfer, and Fillers
- The Brazilian Butt Lift – Baby Got Back
- Current Trends in Labiaplasty – The Edge vs. The Wedge
- Blepharoplasty with Fat Redraping – Solutions For Aging Eyes
Click Below to Follow Dr. Tauber
Dr. David Tauber is a Plastic Surgeon specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the face and body. He completed both the Plastic Surgery Residency at Albany Medical College and the Fellowship in Aesthetic Craniofacial Surgery at the Harvard-Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Tauber combines his knowledge and experience with a detail focused artistic eye to create custom, natural looking results for his patients. His practice focuses on:
- Facial trauma
- Skin cancer removal and reconstruction
- Breast reduction for intractable pain
- Septoplasty and nose surgery for breathing difficulty
- Facelifts, neck lifts, and forehead lifts
- Fat grafting to the face, breast, and body
- Breast augmentation
- Body contouring
See Dr. Tauber’s Photo Gallery.
Ageless Millennial Aesthetics from Estéticoceutcals
Dr. David Tauber is Chief Medical Advisor to Ageless Millennial Aesthetics, a premium skin care line by Estéticoceuticals. Ageless Millennial Aesthetics develops sustainable, gluten free, individually tailored to the needs of the Ageless Millennial.
With products including an Exfoliating Coconut Scrub, Enhancing Lip Plumper, Illuminating Vitamin C Serum, and Moonglow Retinyl Recovery Serum, Ageless Millennial Aesthetics helps improve skin turnover, repair the damaging effects of pollution and sun exposure, smooth the appearance of fine line and wrinkles, and hydrate the skin.
USE THE PROMO CODE AMDPS FOR 20% OFF
Find out more at Esteticoceutcals.com
Follow Ageless Millennial Aesthetic from Estéticoceuticals
Dr. David Tauber In The News
Doctorate of Medicine:
Albany Medical College, May 2007
Masters of Medical Science:
Boston University School of Medicine & Harvard Institute of Medicine, September 2003
Bachelors of Science:
The Pennsylvania State University, May 1999
State College, PA
Integrated Plastic Surgery, Albany Medical Center, July 2007 – June 2012
Chief Resident of Integrated Plastic Surgery, Albany Medical Center, July 2012 – June 2013
Aesthetic & Reconstruction Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, Harvard Medical College & Massachuesetts General Hospital, July 2013 – June 2014
Assistant in Plastic Surgery – Plastic Surgery Attending
Harvard Medical College & Massachussetts General Hospital, 2013-2014
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 2015
- Advances in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery: Mastery Course, 2014
- ACFS / ASMS Boot Camp – 2013
- Advances in Facial Restoration and Rejuvenation, 2013
- The Basic Microsurgery Training Course, 2012
- Basic Maxillofacial Principles and Techniques, 2010
RealSelf 100 & 500 Hall of Fame Inductee
Dr. David Tauber is one of 1000 doctors worldwide to be inducted into the RealSelf 100 and 500 Hall of Fame, a prestigious award honoring the top influencers on RealSelf—the most trusted online destination to get informed about elective cosmetic procedures and to find and connect with doctors and clinics.
2017 RealSelf 500 Award
2016 RealSelf 500 Award
Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society
For Exemplary Service To Others, Integrity, Clinical Excellence, and Compassionate and Respectful Relationships with Patients, Families, and Colleagues.”
Frank C. Maxon, Jr., MD Alumni Award
“For Outstanding Academic and Professional Qualities”
W. Brandon Macomber Award
“For Achievement, Proficiency, and Genuine Sustained Interest and Potential in the Field of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery”
Closure of Large Free Flap Donor Sites Using External Tissue Expansion
• Paper presented at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA.
• Manuscript submitted to Microsurgery, February 2014
• Evaluate the use of external tissue expanders to allow closure of a large free flap donor site wounds without resorting to additional incisions or skin grafting.
Efficacy and Cost Effectiveness of Fasciotomy Closure Using Continuous External Tissue Expansion
• Paper Presentation at the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting. Washington, DC, September 2013
• Manuscript in preparation.
• Comparison of the use of external tissue expanders versus vessel loops or negative pressure wound therapy for delayed primary closure of fasciotomy wounds.
Repair of Recurrent Ventral Hernias Using Tissue Expansion and Porcine Acellular Dermal Matrix
• Poster Presentation at the Albany Medical Center Resident Poster Day, Albany, NY March 2012.
• Poster Presentation at the 2012 American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, October 2012.
• Accepted to the European Journal of Plastic Surgeons for publication, January 2013.
• Use of tissue expanders as a novel approach to the closure of complex recurrent abdominal hernias.
The Impact of a Standardization Consultation Form for Facial Trauma on Billing and Evaluation and Management Levels
• Presented at the 2011 American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, September 2011.
• Accepted to Annals of Plastic Surgery for publication, May 2012.
• Demonstrated that the use of a standardized form for facial trauma consultations resulted in a 28% increase in billing and more complete documentation.
• Editor and author.
• This book presents diagnosis in a clear format designed to facilitate fast and reliable diagnosis of clinical entities seen by plastic surgeons in practice.
American Craniofacial Surgery Meeting
• Moscow, Russia – October 2013
• Guest Surgeon: Performed a complex orbital facial reconstruction, live in from of more than 300 surgeons to demonstrate advanced techniques in Craniomaxillofacial surgery.
Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting
• Washington, DC – September 2013
• Paper Presentation: Efficacy And Cost Effectiveness In Fasciotomy Closure Using Continuous External Tissue Expansion.
International Society of Craniofacial Surgery Semiannual Meeting
• Jackson Hole, WY – September 2013
American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting
• New Orleans, LA – October 2012
• Poster Presentation: Repair Of Recurrent Ventral Hernias Using Tissue Expansion And Porcine Acellular Dermal Matrix.
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting
• Vancouver, BC – May 2012
- New York, 2013
- Active – Plastic Surgery, Albany Medical Center Hospital
- Active – Plastic Surgery, Albany Memorial Hospital
- Active – Plastic Surgery, St. Peter’s Hospital
- Active – Plastic Surgery, St. Peter’s Surgery & Endoscopy Center
Before and After Photos
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
A breast lift (mastopexy) is powerful procedure that can lift the nipple, reduce excess skin, and reshape the breasts to sit higher on the chest in a more youthful position.
A breast reduction is surgery performed to remove excess skin and breast tissue in an effort to reduce symptoms such as neck pain, arm pain, and back pain resulting from having large breasts.
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
A typical tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a surgery that flattens the belly, tightens the abdominal muscles, and reduces the excess skin and stretch marks from both above and below the belly button.
Mommy Makeover (Tummy Tuck And Breast Surgery)
A mommy makeover is a combination of surgeries aimed at reversing the changes the body undergoes during pregnancy. This typically includes a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and a breast lift.
Correction of Gynecomastia (Male Chest Contouring)
Gynecomastia surgery is done to obtain a flatter, more muscular looking chest by reducing excess fat and removing bulging glandular breast tissue.
Women seek labiaplasty for many reasons ranging from discomfort with intercourse and pinching in tight clothing to purely cosmetic reasons.
Face and Neck Lift (Rhytidectomy)
A face and neck lift is a surgery that tightens the skin and underlying tissues of the neck and face to reverse the tell-tell signs of facial aging – facial decent and skin laxity.
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Lift)
A blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) is a surgery that helps reduce the appearance of eye bags, lift droopy upper eyelids, and present a brighter, more rested looking you.
Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)
A cosmetic rhinoplasty is a surgery that reduces and repositions tissue in the nose for better aesthetics. This often involves straightening the dorsal profile, reducing dorsal humps, and reshaping the tip.
Miscellaneous Cosmetic Procedures
These include small, in-office procedures to address minor cosmetic issues. Examples include earring tear repairs, gauge earring corrections, otoplasties, and alar base reductions.
*Disclaimer: The individuals featured in the following previous galleries are all actual patients of DeLuca Plastic Surgery. Please note that outcomes from plastic surgery procedures may vary and the experiences shared in the testimonials are specific to that particular patient and may not be representative of the experience of others.