Mommy Makeover – Albany, NY
A safe and effective solution for women who would like to regain their pre-pregnancy breasts and/or body.
The “Mommy Makeover” procedure has become the popular name for combining 2 or more cosmetic procedures that correct the effects of pregnancy into a single, safe and often times transformative surgery.
Dr. DeLuca is impeccable in his care & concern for his patients. He is meticulous & gifted in his skills and was easily my first choice after deciding to have surgery myself.
- A.S. / Surgical Nurse – Albany, NY – / 5
Why it’s important to select a highly trained and experienced plastic surgeon for combination breast & body surgery
Mommy Makeover surgery can not only restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy appearance, it can also make a meaningful difference in a mother’s quality of life. Women select Dr. DeLuca because:
- He has a 28 year record of beautiful, technically precise results.
- He has the experience of performing over 1,500 breast procedures and 1,500 body contouring (tummy tuck & liposuction) surgeries.
- He has committed himself and his entire team to providing the highest level of care, both before & after surgery.
- He has an artist’s eye for beauty, symmetry and proportion – which is very important during combination procedures where multiple areas are tightened, lifted, sculpted, boosted and/or tucked.
Mommy Makeover Cost and Recovery Time
A combination breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck and liposuction is generally the most surgery Dr. DeLuca recommends in one sitting since it can take up to 5 hours to perform and requires several weeks for recuperation.
Because two or more procedures are performed at once during a Mommy Makeover, the total cost will be lower than if you were to schedule each surgery with Dr. DeLuca separately. This is because the total anesthesia and operating room time of a combined procedure is less than the total time it would take to perform each procedure alone.
I cannot say enough about Dr. DeLuca! After having three children, I found myself not feeling good about my body and for almost two years considered having a breast augmentation. Upon my first meeting with Dr. DeLuca, I felt so comfortable that I immediately scheduled the procedure. I was extremely nervous so he took a lot of time to explain the procedure and gave me a great idea as to what would happen and how I would feel on surgery day and after.
It has been just three months and my results are amazing. I highly recommend Dr. DeLuca and his staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. DeLuca and I truly feel there is no better doctor!
- R. L. / Mommy Makeover
Albany, NY – / 5
I have always been self conscious of the way my body looked. After having three kids, it was more pronounced. I had a lot of questions and was very nervous about the possibility of surgery. My initial consultation with Dr. DeLuca was very informative and put me right at ease. He answered all my questions, even the silly redundant ones. I ended up scheduling the surgery that day. I have not regretted my decision at all. My lift and augmentation surgery went very smoothly and I love the results. I feel so much better about my appearance and would recommend Dr. DeLuca to anyone without hesitation. The office is wonderful and helpful too. Thank you to all.
- Elizabeth V. / Breast Lift + Implant
Watertown, NY – August 27, 2011 – / 5
Which procedures make up a “Mommy Makeover”?
Which procedures end up being performed is different for each woman and depends on her specific needs. Some patients need breast augmentation with implants in order to regain lost size and fullness. Others require a mastopexy (breast lift) in order to raise the tissue into a more pleasing position. Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck surgery) is often necessary to tighten a midsection that features loose or stretched out skin. Liposuction is often required in order to contour the woman’s physique by removing unsightly bulges that have not responded to diet or exercise. Botox, Juvederm, or Restylane may also be used to rejuvenate a weary face. Depending on the number of enhancements, a patient’s health and other considerations, a Mommy Makeover may sometimes be performed during a one day surgical session or the operations may need to be sequenced over a series of days.
- Breast Augmentation: During this operation, implants are placed through incisions to add fullness to the breasts. This is a very popular cosmetic procedure and patients report higher self esteem after the operation and rate the decision to have augmentation as highly satisfactory.
- Mastopexy or Breast Lift: Breasts have a natural droop which is referred to as ptosis. When ptosis becomes too severe, as is often the case after childbirth and breastfeeding, it becomes unattractive and aging. A lift can bring the tissue into a more youthful position.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): This procedure is also called a tummy tuck. During pregnancy, the skin becomes stretched out and often doesn’t return to it’s original state due to lack of elasticity. Tummy tucks can tighten this region as well as the internal girdle of connective tissue.
- Liposuction: Liposuction entails suctioning away troubling fatty deposits via a slender wand called a cannula. Mommies often store fat during pregnancy as Mother Nature’s way of ensuring safe pregnancies. Unfortunately, sometimes the fat doesn’t go away after the baby is born.
- Botox, Juvederm and Restylane: Having young children can wear a mother out and this can show up as wear-and-tear on her face. Some extra attention to facial rejuvenation can refresh her look and make her feel better about herself.
Many women find it difficult, if not impossible, to return to a pre-pregnancy weight and clothes size. The two main areas generally addressed in a mommy makeover are the breasts and abdomen. Breast feeding and the pregnant period itself can significantly alter the shape, size and tissue quality of the breasts. If it is simply a loss of breast volume that’s the issue, then an augmentation of the breasts will suffice. If there has been significant swelling of the breasts during pregnancy, and subsequent deflation and drooping, then an augmentation will need to be combined with a breast lift.
If abdominal the skin and underlying tissues have not retracted back to their original state, which is typically the case, then a tummy tuck will most likely be needed. For most women, tightening of the rectus fascia is required since pregnancy causes the muscle relax to the point of atrophy in order to facilitate the expansion of the belly. If there is laxity both above and below the umbilicus, then a full abdominoplasty will be required. At that time, liposuction of the hips and waistline can also be performed to maximize the post-operative result.
Request a Free Mommy Makeover Consultation with Dr. DeLuca or
call DeLuca Plastic Surgery today at 518.724.2444.
I couldn’t have asked for any better experience with a plastic surgeon then the one I had. Dr DeLuca and everyone that works with him from the office to the surgery nurses are so nice and very professional.
I have to drive 4 hours one way to see him and I am telling you that I would gladly drive double that… heck, triple that after seeing my results. He exceeded my expectations on what I thought could be done to my body. I don’t only look sexy. I FEEL SEXY! And I will never get tired of hearing how great I look.
I highly recommend Dr DeLuca if at all possible for you plastic surgery needs. He really has an eye for detail and WOW! he knows his stuff. And I don’t really feel like the distance is much of and issue. Any time I have had a question he or his office has been a phone call away and always gotten back to me within minutes and my concerns were addressed promptly.
I thought about a mommy makeover for years and never thought it would be possible for me and actually I was scared of just doing it. The hardest thing was probably making the phone call, after that I wondered why I hadn’t done it sooner. I would do it over again without a second thought. Mommies… do it for yourselves, you deserve it!!
- Cheryl D. / Tummy Tuck + Breast Lift + Augmentation
Montpelier, VT – August 5, 2012 – / 5